Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Watch Me Work: Running Adventures on the Horizon

With 2012 more than half over (OMG!) running/travel/adventure time for this year is getting short. But I've got a few tricks up my compression arm sleeves and in my carry-on. Watch me work...lets go!

August 2012

  • I'll be in Jacksonville, Fla. on business and plan to hangout with the ladies of Black Girls Run! Jacksonville. Humidity here I come.


September 2012
The ladies of BGR! D.C.

  • Black Girls Run! Conference and the BGR!/AARP Drive to End Hunger 5K/10K. It's going down in the ATL. Are you in? I'm an ambassador for BGR! D.C. and looking forward to an EPIC road trip and uniting with my BGR! sisters from all across the country for this exciting event. We're challenging stereotypes y'all. Learn more at www.blackgirlsrun.com.
  • Jamaica: Ya mon! I'm headed to the land of Marley and the world's fastest man Usain Bolt for some much need, much earned and much deserved R & R & R (rest, relaxation and running...you already know). Wouldn't it be great if I could hook up with a local running club? I think so. Stay tuned to see if I make any new friends.
October 2012
  • Atlantic City Half Marathon: Though we vowed not to run another half marathon this year after our tragic results at the Marine Corps Historic Half in Fredericksburg, Va., my fellow crazy runner-blogger friend J. Ro. (check her out here) and I snagged a fantastic deal (49 buckaroos) to run this race in the Garden State. First trip to Atlantic City. This should be interesting. We like side trips, so let us know if there is something we must see.
Got run destination recommendations? Let me hear 'em. Post me a note below.

Until next time. Happy running!

-- The Brown-Runner Chick



No comments:

Post a Comment