Monday, October 29, 2012

My consistent inconsistencies

Have you ever been super hype to do something and then halfway through it you realize you're already out of gas? That appears to be what has happened with this blog. :-/ My last post was in August! I had every intention of posting, but my travel schedule truly got the best of me.

As the title of this post points out, I am consistent in my inconsistencies. My bad y'all, but life has really been happening so let's see if we can get caught up, shall we?

A travel-running re-cap:

Main St. Bridge
Jacksonville, Fla.: During my business trip I had every intention of running with the ladies of BGR! here, but nearly every evening of that trip there was either severe lightening storms or I was driving back from Valdosta, Ga., Tallahassee or Cape Canaveral! Needless to say I was exhausted and could barely muster the energy to do the work that I was down there to do let alone run and blog. (I was additionally exhausted for another reason, but that's for another post). SCORE: Travel 1, Run Zip


Negril, Jamaica

Negril, Jamaica: I sooo needed this vacation, to just decompress and to tune back in to me. Though I had high hopes of trying to check in with local runners to get some insight into the Reggae Half Marathon, I just never got around to doing the necessary legwork. I did get in two mornings of beautiful, runs on the beach, one of which was my traditional birthday run. I typically run a minute for every year of life. So this year was 33 minutes. I highly recommend Negril in September. The beaches and resorts were far from crowded as I'm sure they are during peak seasons, and though people are hustling hard to sell you trinkets, jet ski rides, and yes, marijuana, you mostly have the place to yourself. I also highly recommend the Negril Treehouse Resort. It's not a fancy resort, but it was perfect. SCORE: Travel 1, Run 2

Good times, great friends!
Atlanta, Ga.: After taking a shuttle, two planes, a bus, the MARC train and then the WATA metro to Union Station, I got into a van filled with some of the great women of BGR! D.C. on one of the greatest road trips EVER! We laughed, we told the craziest stories and generally had a great time. The inaugural BGR! conference and race weekend appeared to go well. I bumped into friends from Georgia and Alabama, which really made my day. I also picked up some new friends which was great. I ran the 5K. Not my best time, but considering my running at the time was less than stellar, I'll take what I can get. All in all a great end to a busy birthday weekend. SCORE: Travel 1, Run 1.

Atlantic City Half Marathon: After all of that travel, I had nothing left to give, so I waved my white flag and bailed on this race. I don't recommend spending money on races you're not going to run, but sometimes you have to grab yourself by the collar and say, "Enough already. Give it a rest." SCORE: Travel Zip, Run Zip

So all-in=all, it looks like I broke even.

Stay tuned...

-- The Brown-Runner Chick


No comments:

Post a Comment